Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I would visit you a lot...





Pages one and three of Tales From The Pit. It was tons of fun, stress, and a mess all in one. I really enjoyed doing these pieces. It started out as a Ralph Steadman-inspired idea and it evolved into a Ralph Steadman/Eddie Mize/Patti Smith adventure. The hardest part, hands down, was figuring out how to get these pages to read while retaining the incredible energy and immediacy of the textures. It took forever, but the result is beautiful.

I'll be completing the book, hopefully, before Christmas break.

My teacher told me he was proud of me, so that made everything worth it. I got an A with these bad boys!

Take care.

P.S. I didn't get hurt that bad. There is some truth to the injuries, but more than anything (well, aside from the artwork), the purpose of this is to tell an entertaining story.

1 comment:

TheDudeVonDoom said...

Excellent stuff. The Steadman influence is obvious but not overwhelming, just enough for me to appreciate.

There were at least three times when I thought I was going to pass out at the show. Tried my best not to, wouldn't want you having to deal with deadweight.