Monday, January 26, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
So, for Mr. JT's class, we have to fill up a sketchbook with a drawing we've done of another photo/picture. This semester, I wanted to fill the whole thing with metal figures/icons/folks/whoever. People that I really like or admire.
Except for these random colored pages he put into the books. I draw nonsense on those. Like Candy Corn Vampires.
The sketches have varying degrees of success.
1. Mike Muir - Suicidal Tendencies and the lesser-known but totally awesome Infectious Grooves. This one I'm not at all sure about because it was copied from a painting. I couldn't find any pictures of a young Cyco Myco. Lyrics are from Violent and Funky by the Infectious Grooves.
2. Doro Pesch - from Warlock and Doro. She's so fucking beautiful. Lyrics from Warrior's Soul by Doro.
3. Angela Gossow - from death metal greats Arch Enemy. I wanna be like her. The drawing is terrible. Lyrics from Nemesis (duh).
4. Tony Iommi - from a little band called Black Sabbath and a solo project. I think I really got his likeness here. Lyrics from Fused by Tony Iommi.
5. Mike Fucking Patton - from several projects including the avant-garde Mr. Bungle and Fantomas and the more metal Faith No More. He is god. Believe it. Lyrics from A Small Victory by Faith No More.
Expect more and take care.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Hey kids! Back from winter break and I hope to have lots more to show you guys. I'm going through a bit of a crisis in terms of what I want to do. There's a chance I may leave art all together. We'll see what happens. Hopefully, I'll sort myself out this semester. Whether I find what I want or not, here's to a productive year!