Monday, October 26, 2009

6 Feet Under




Every couple of weeks, I send my parents a hand-written letter. I draw them a picture and say a couple things about my week. The picture usually has something to do with my week, and last Saturday I went to the Dios de los Muertos Festival at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. That space and the people related to it are now my new obsession. Obviously, the photo was taken before I wrote my letter. Yeah, like I'm gonna let you see what I wrote!

The Omen: trucking on. I think he looks absolutely beautiful!

Since this blog is dedicated to The Creative Process (or Some Shit), I thought I'd talk a little bit about how I work. It is rather unconventional and I do not recommend it at all. Usually, us image-makers work at a desk/table, in a chair, sitting up. I don't do any of those. Except sitting up. I've been drawing all my life, and as a result, I've developed these bad work postures. I used to lay down on the floor, or curl up between my bed and the wall. Now, I can't shake the habit. I'm usually scrunched up in a corner (or my closet doorway), hovered over my board, working on my knees. It's not healthy, but I'm very uncomfortable (mentally, because it's definitely uncomfortable physically) working any other way.

Take care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The gas mask makes me think of Doctor Who, which makes me happy. Haha, found your blog!