Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Page of Vocalists




Some of my favorite vocalists. I had them all on a single page, but my scanner is so small ;_; So, that's what the smudges are. I put these into Photoshop and tried to erase the little bits of other vocalists.

1. Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers AKA the Swan AKA MY EPIC FAIL. I really don't like the way this came out. Obviously, I had trouble with the hand (and continue to do so). Face came out wrong, etc.

2. Tarja Turunen of Nightwish fame and probably her solo career. I like how this came out; her facial features are actually a lot sharper than I was able to capture, but there are traces of her beauty in the drawing. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen (from an angle...dead on she's kind of terrifying).

3. Marco Hietala at the top from Nightwish and Tarot. He probably came out the best. <3
Les Claypool of Primus and a million other bands featuring the name "Les Claypool" fame, just beneath Marco. This one came out pretty well, considering the actual photo reference I used was a pretty dim one.

I should probably do simpler things; like just doing a page of hands/the planar head.

Until next time, friends.

--Allison Marcellus

No comments: