Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Art vomit...






The beginnings of my senior thesis. It started out as the skull drawing (see previous entry). I did the text in InDesign; it's basically the beginnings of an essay (proper citations are given). It discusses the concept of creativity as it relates to science. I drew the screw picture in sepia ink on washi paper (which is what the text is printed on). I used the process of chine coleƩ to put the elements together. However, the washi paper did not go on as transparently as I would have liked, so I drew over it to bring the skull back into the equation.

That disgusting glob spewing over the paper is glue. I used far too much and ruined the picture. Except no one thinks its ruined. It really bothers me, but since everyone seems to think it adds to the concept and composition, I guess I'll leave it there. I wanted to start over.

Take care.

2 comments:

anelasama said...

I think you should keep the glue part too

COMICSANS4LIFE said...

I CANT BELIEVE YOU RUINED THIS PICTURE...start over...j/k...it may be hard to accept the reality of no one but yourself noticing something wrong...so be stubborn ...ignore them and start over...because when you go to sleep at night....you only have to answer to yourself...unless of course you have company