Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hello, my ghost...

Behold! The stone, it gleams like gold.
Austin. I'm not super satisfied with this; it resembles him, certainly, but I don't know that it really looks like him. This sketch was interesting. It felt like it took on a life of its own early on; I don't think I was ever in total control of it. Turned out more cartoon-y than Zac's. I like to think it wanted to be that way.


I'm an owl on the sill in the evening.
My son. The reference for this sketch was an old photo; he was sleeping in the car (leaning against the window) on the way to a fencing tournament, so I caught him at a rare strange expression-free moment. It's a beautiful photo. The sketch isn't too bad either.


Check out their misdeeds here.

Back from vacation.

Take care.


No comments: