Monday, February 23, 2009

What really didn't happen...


The beginnings of yet another midterm. The assignment, as written on our syllabus, was to "illustrate a cool dream you once had." I don't really remember my dreams, but the few I do remember are usually underwater. This one, however, is the cruel vision of my teacher. The initial sketches showed a tiny figure portaging a ship, floating in the sky, across a desert. Deeming that imagery boring/uninteresting, my teacher insisted I move the whole thing underwater.

It's not a big deal, but it's not my vision. At all.

These beginning stages are so hard to get through; it looks like shit and I want to give up.

The last dream I had was...David Ellefson was my gardener. It's weird because I live in an apartment and would have absolutely no use for a gardener.

Take care.

No comments: