Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Overlords






So, for Mr. JT's class, we have to fill up a sketchbook with a drawing we've done of another photo/picture. This semester, I wanted to fill the whole thing with metal figures/icons/folks/whoever. People that I really like or admire.

Except for these random colored pages he put into the books. I draw nonsense on those. Like Candy Corn Vampires.

The sketches have varying degrees of success.

1. Mike Muir - Suicidal Tendencies and the lesser-known but totally awesome Infectious Grooves. This one I'm not at all sure about because it was copied from a painting. I couldn't find any pictures of a young Cyco Myco. Lyrics are from Violent and Funky by the Infectious Grooves.

2. Doro Pesch - from Warlock and Doro. She's so fucking beautiful. Lyrics from Warrior's Soul by Doro.

3. Angela Gossow - from death metal greats Arch Enemy. I wanna be like her. The drawing is terrible. Lyrics from Nemesis (duh).

4. Tony Iommi - from a little band called Black Sabbath and a solo project. I think I really got his likeness here. Lyrics from Fused by Tony Iommi.

5. Mike Fucking Patton - from several projects including the avant-garde Mr. Bungle and Fantomas and the more metal Faith No More. He is god. Believe it. Lyrics from A Small Victory by Faith No More.

Expect more and take care.

No comments: